The Kaiko Spikey for wrist helps with self-regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours. We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain & disturbed sensation in arms and muscles. Please consult your treating clinician regarding specific use for your specific condition.
Made of stretchy metal, they come in a range of sizes and NOW a range of colours. Colour versions can be found in separate listings.
It is an ideal tool for those that
- need support to minimise self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm.
- pick at their skin, fingernails & fingers and clothing.
- live with anxiety & find high sensory input helpful.
If wanting to wear it all day we recommend for most (youth and adults) that the Large, Large PLUS A BIT or the XL be purchased. More details below re sizing.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist Spikey Fidget is one of our most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self-regulation.
It is made of a powder coated carbon steel metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
Some ways to use the wrist spikey...
- Roll up & down the arm
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Wear on wrist or ankle & flick
- Place on wrist or ankle & twist around (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit bag.
- Rub it on parts of body to replace picking, such as lips
Please note if wearing the wrist spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it it is not compromising circulation. Many who like this also like the Kaiko Spikey for finger.
Also touted to have remedial benefit, stimulating acupressure points & assisting with circulation. These are stretchy but firm.
PLEASE NOTE: The spikey material is not designed to be over stretched/ over extended using both hands. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products.
XL: 20.5cm length for the XL - this often the best size for ALL DAY wear for most teens & adults.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes & colours
- Expandable carbon steel metal material
- The metal is highly durable but can be over stretched if used not in accordance with its typical use by rigorous stretching. It is not meant to be pulled significantly so may not suit some that like to pull things apart. It will not recover if over stretched.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old.